Saturday, June 26, 2010

Good bye

Today was Sal's Memorial. I am so glad I got to go. I wish Barb and her husband Jeffrey had been willing to have some kind of memorial for her. My own parents didn't believe in funerals and so when my mom died there was just nothing. I didn't know what to do with all that grief. When my dad died I was a member of Athens Friends Meeting and requested we have a memorial for my dad. It was so good. I remember I read the prayer that my father used to say to me when I was a tiny kid. It started with Jesus Tender Shepherd, and I was so little that I thought my father was Jesus Tender Shepherd. I was glad to join Sal's family and friends in a celebration of her life. I am sorry that her life was cut short, and I miss her, but she was a lovely lady. Good bye Sal.

No comments:

Post a Comment