Friday, October 15, 2010

Cool weather

Well, it's turning cool now and with the great fall weather and fall color, I am crocheting a bit. I got out the ripple baby blanket I started last fall and have almost finished it. Also read the Millennium Trilogy, the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. It's a can't put it down read, intelligent and well written. I am sad to have finished them even though I gobbled them up like a piggy. Sadder that Steig Larson, the author, is dead and won't be writing more good books.

Trying to walk a bit more each day. today I only walked an extra few steps tonight at our bedtime walk, but it was a start. I wish I could eat breakfast before rushing out to walk Riley in the morning. He has to go, but I'm hungry and wanting my coffee!!! It's still our longest walk, so perhaps I need to increase our afternoon walk.

I had another meat free day today. I'm managing that about once a week. Unfortunately today was also very low in protein. A commercial for hamburgers came on at 11:15 p.m. and I wanted to just take Riley to the nearest fast food joint and get a burger! I think I'll make chilli tomorrow! That's a great bean dish and high in protein, with assorted veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment