Sunday, October 10, 2010

New Journal and drawings

 I traded a pink beaded mer-woman for this hand made journal and an altered book, both by Debra Blades of Abbotsford, B.C. It took a bit of getting up my nerve to begin drawing in it. I took the journal and some drawing pens to Seattle with me, and two novels I wanted to read. I nearly finished the first one on the bus to Seattle, and finished it and the second book that night and the next day, so all I had to do was to draw, so I did!

Nora's wedding was lovely, with a mix of Native traditions and European-American traditions. I enjoyed seeing Jean and spending time with her and her son, Ben. This is the first time I have gotten to know Ben, although I met him once before for a couple of minutes. Troy, Nora's husband seems like a really fine man as well.

It was splendid to see Judy and Keith at the wedding and again Saturday for the evening, and dinner out at an Indian Restaurant. It is hard not knowing when I will see Judy again. Of course I don't know when I will see Dethe and the grandkids either, and they live in Vancouver, not all the way across the continent in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment