Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Me, Myself and I

A grand self portrait. I have noticed that my neighbor, Flo, has an artist's easel set up in her window, so yesterday I asked her if she was a painter, and of course she is, so I told her I was doing a lot of drawings, and she invited me over for this morning and I brought some of my drawings, and she showed me some of her paintings - in watercolour and oil. She does nice landscapes of the prairies and the west coast. I really like some of her old falling down farmhouses and barns. They really capture the spirit of the prairie farmers. I really enjoyed talking and visiting. Not since Millie left have I had a friend here to actually visit. I will find out about Garibaldi Art Club and we can go together. That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment